We give Ethan one bottle a day so that if I ever decide to stop breastfeeding or if something were to happen and I couldn't breastfeed anymore, he'll be used to taking a bottle. Ethan usually gets this bottle for his last feeding before bed, so Olivia is usually asleep by then and hasn't really been around to see him eat from the bottle.
One evening, I let her stay up a little past her bedtime so she could see Paul before going to sleep. It was time for Ethan to have his bottle, so I asked Olivia if she wanted to feed Ethan his bottle. She quickly perked up and excitedly jumped on the couch and put the boppy pillow around her waist (which is what we do when she wants to hold him). I placed Ethan on the pillow in her lap and handed the bottle to her. She put it directly into his mouth, stared at him sucking the bottle, then looked up at me and said, "Mmmm!" It was so cute.

I kept pulling the bottle out of Ethan's mouth every once in a while so I could check how much he ate and know when to burp him. When Olivia noticed me doing this, she started to pull the bottle out, look at it, put it back into Ethan's mouth for 2 seconds, pull the bottle out again, etc. She finally gave up feeding him when I told her she needed to keep the bottle in his mouth longer. She fed him an ounce and a half before she was "all done."
Listen for Olivia saying "Mmm!" at the end of the video.
2 comments:
So precious! You have no idea how much I appreciate your posting these pictures and videos!
LOVED IT! Mmmmm Good!
Post a Comment