
My mother-in-law, Jayne, posted a blog in which she told of a tradition her mother had on Thanksgiving. She would have the grandchildren (which obviously includes Paul) do various things like write a play or design a costume. One task they were given was to take the word "Thanksgiving" and think of a something they were grateful for that started with each letter of the word. Jayne made here list on her blog and invited everyone to follow suit....so here's my list:
T-Telephone. This is something I truly began to appreciate when I first moved 2 states away to college and I again appreciate it living 1 state away from my family. It's wonderful that I can just pick up the phone and hear the voice of my parents, my siblings, my friends, etc. It's such a blessing to be able to keep in touch so easily.
H-Homes. A home is a place you can go to escape the craziness of the world and feel peace. It's a place where you can be with the people you love most. My favorite thing about home is that you can have more than one. I believe that "home" is any place where you can experience what I mentioned above. I have a home here in Atlanta with my wonderful husband, but I also have a home at my parents' house back in Myrtle Beach, and a home at Jayne's in Camden.
A-Art. While I am not an artist, I do enjoy art. It's on every wall of my home, whether it's a painting done my someone or pictures I or others have taken. Art brings things to life. And I am in awe of anyone who can draw more than an ugly stick figure (which is about all I can do). Art is a talent that shouldn't be hidden, but to share with the world.
N-Nutrients. Who isn't grateful for this? It helps our bodies stay healthy and active. I am appreciative of those who studied nutrition so that we know what is good and bad for us. Although I am thankful for nutrients, I am also grateful for brownies, cakes, and cookies...why can't those be nutritious? Haha :)
K-Kisses. Kisses are a treasure. It is a way of showing love to someone, so they should never be given out to just anyone. I love receiving kisses from my family, especially from my nieces and nephews. Kisses are sweet and always make me feel happy and warm inside (sorry for the cheesy cliche, but it's true). I especially love kisses from my husband. Everytime he kisses me, even if it's just a quick peck, I know he truly loves me and will do anything for me.
S-Sight. I truly appreciate being able to see the beautiful world around me. I love to the beautiful color and life popping up in Spring. I love to see the sun shining brightly in Summer. I love to see the colorful leaves dancing down from the sky in Autumn and even though Winter is not my favortie season nor do I especially love snow, it is a beautiful thing when you can wake up in the morning and see the white blanket covering the ground...the world seems so still and pure. I also love the radiant sunsets we can experience every night. When I see all of this, I know to show gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving us such a magical place to live.
G-Grandparents. These are the most wonderful people around and mine are very dear to my heart...they brought me my wonderful parents! Granparents bring so much joy into the lives of their grandchildren, I know mine have. They are there to spoil, love, but also to teach. I have learned many lessons from all four of my grandparents that I will forever treasure in my heart.
I-Intelligence. The intelligence of man is amazing. Look at all the things we have come up with now. There is so much techonology around us. We should never take that for granted, but we should also never abuse it...use it for the development of good.
V-Vida. That's Spanish for "life." I am so grateful to have the opportunity to come here and live on this earth. It gives me the opportunity to grow from all the experiences I have had and will have. It gives me the chance to prove myself worthy to live with my Father in Heaven and gives me the opportunity to be like Him.
I-Irregularity. I am grateful that we are all different. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same. Even though I'm not big on change, I am thankful for the irregularity of life. It brings challenges, but it also brings a chance to become a stronger person.
N-November. It's the month my mom, my sister, my husband, my sister-in-law, and one of my nephew's were all born. This month has brought me people who are dear to my heart. But I'm especially grateful for this month because it brings us the Thanksgiving holiday. It makes us stop and reflect on the many blessings we have in this life, which are innumerable if we really take the time to think about it. It's a month that begins the holiday season of being with family and those we love. And there is nothing I love more than being with my family.
G-Green. This is my favorite color because it is a sign of life. I love when winter turns to spring and I see all the various shades of green popping out all over the place. It makes me feel refreshed and re-engergized...it makes me feel alive.
Whew! That took longer to do than I expected, but it was really fun. I am thankful to have a wondeful family, I am thankful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, and I am grateful to know that life does not end when we die...it continues on in the eternities. I hope everyone will take the time to really sit back and reflect on the many blessings they have. As the hymn says: "Count your blessings; name them one by one. Count your many blessings; see what God hath done." I hope everyone enjoys Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!
T-Telephone. This is something I truly began to appreciate when I first moved 2 states away to college and I again appreciate it living 1 state away from my family. It's wonderful that I can just pick up the phone and hear the voice of my parents, my siblings, my friends, etc. It's such a blessing to be able to keep in touch so easily.
H-Homes. A home is a place you can go to escape the craziness of the world and feel peace. It's a place where you can be with the people you love most. My favorite thing about home is that you can have more than one. I believe that "home" is any place where you can experience what I mentioned above. I have a home here in Atlanta with my wonderful husband, but I also have a home at my parents' house back in Myrtle Beach, and a home at Jayne's in Camden.
A-Art. While I am not an artist, I do enjoy art. It's on every wall of my home, whether it's a painting done my someone or pictures I or others have taken. Art brings things to life. And I am in awe of anyone who can draw more than an ugly stick figure (which is about all I can do). Art is a talent that shouldn't be hidden, but to share with the world.
N-Nutrients. Who isn't grateful for this? It helps our bodies stay healthy and active. I am appreciative of those who studied nutrition so that we know what is good and bad for us. Although I am thankful for nutrients, I am also grateful for brownies, cakes, and cookies...why can't those be nutritious? Haha :)
K-Kisses. Kisses are a treasure. It is a way of showing love to someone, so they should never be given out to just anyone. I love receiving kisses from my family, especially from my nieces and nephews. Kisses are sweet and always make me feel happy and warm inside (sorry for the cheesy cliche, but it's true). I especially love kisses from my husband. Everytime he kisses me, even if it's just a quick peck, I know he truly loves me and will do anything for me.
S-Sight. I truly appreciate being able to see the beautiful world around me. I love to the beautiful color and life popping up in Spring. I love to see the sun shining brightly in Summer. I love to see the colorful leaves dancing down from the sky in Autumn and even though Winter is not my favortie season nor do I especially love snow, it is a beautiful thing when you can wake up in the morning and see the white blanket covering the ground...the world seems so still and pure. I also love the radiant sunsets we can experience every night. When I see all of this, I know to show gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving us such a magical place to live.
G-Grandparents. These are the most wonderful people around and mine are very dear to my heart...they brought me my wonderful parents! Granparents bring so much joy into the lives of their grandchildren, I know mine have. They are there to spoil, love, but also to teach. I have learned many lessons from all four of my grandparents that I will forever treasure in my heart.
I-Intelligence. The intelligence of man is amazing. Look at all the things we have come up with now. There is so much techonology around us. We should never take that for granted, but we should also never abuse it...use it for the development of good.
V-Vida. That's Spanish for "life." I am so grateful to have the opportunity to come here and live on this earth. It gives me the opportunity to grow from all the experiences I have had and will have. It gives me the chance to prove myself worthy to live with my Father in Heaven and gives me the opportunity to be like Him.
I-Irregularity. I am grateful that we are all different. What a boring world this would be if we were all the same. Even though I'm not big on change, I am thankful for the irregularity of life. It brings challenges, but it also brings a chance to become a stronger person.
N-November. It's the month my mom, my sister, my husband, my sister-in-law, and one of my nephew's were all born. This month has brought me people who are dear to my heart. But I'm especially grateful for this month because it brings us the Thanksgiving holiday. It makes us stop and reflect on the many blessings we have in this life, which are innumerable if we really take the time to think about it. It's a month that begins the holiday season of being with family and those we love. And there is nothing I love more than being with my family.
G-Green. This is my favorite color because it is a sign of life. I love when winter turns to spring and I see all the various shades of green popping out all over the place. It makes me feel refreshed and re-engergized...it makes me feel alive.
Whew! That took longer to do than I expected, but it was really fun. I am thankful to have a wondeful family, I am thankful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, and I am grateful to know that life does not end when we die...it continues on in the eternities. I hope everyone will take the time to really sit back and reflect on the many blessings they have. As the hymn says: "Count your blessings; name them one by one. Count your many blessings; see what God hath done." I hope everyone enjoys Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!
2 comments:
Loved reading this! When I was writing my list, I promised myself to be more aware of my many, many blessings and to pay attention to all the good stuff going on around me. Truly, there are miracles and blessings too many to count.
By the way, brownies ARE nutritious, aren't they? Think of the eggs! And if you add pecans, then you have a little protein too.
P.S. The harvest picture is beautiful!
Post a Comment