Sunday, November 23, 2008

Love is in the air

This was a great weekend. Paul and I went to Columbia, SC this weekend to go to a wedding at the temple. We left Atlanta at 4:00 on Friday, which was a big mistake. For those who don't know, rush hour traffic in Atl starts around this time and you are going insanely slow on the interstate. It took us an hour to drive 30 miles! Ridiculous! Well, after that hour, we were able to drive on without any problems. We stayed with Matt and Heather that night, and then got up the next morning to go to Stephen and Naomi's sealing. I was so happy that we were able to be there for them. It was also a neat experience because it was the first sealing I had been to in the temple other than my own. Stephen and Naomi looked extremely happy, so of course I'm happy for them :)
After that, we met up with Jayne (Paul's mom) for lunch. We ate at Applebee's and we had a good time chatting. It has been 3 months since we've seen her! Time flies by...it seems like she was just here visiting us in Atlanta. I need to be more conscience of the time, especially when it comes to mothers. After lunch, we went back to Matt and Heather's. We played a card game and ate barbeque for dinner with them. Then we headed back to the big A.T.L.
It was a quick weekend, but it was great to see friends and family that we haven't seen in a while. And going to a wedding has been making me reminisce back to my own wedding and what a wonderful experience it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stephen and Naomi look so happy...just like the newlyweds in the photo with them. By the way, I think the idea to spend more time with mothers is a superlative one!!