.JPG)
Thanksgiving turned out to be a good day. It was the first major holiday Paul and I celebrated together as a married couple and we had a good time. I was a little skeptical on how things would turn out. First, it was just going to be the two of us and I wasn't sure if it would really feel like a holiday. However, it definitely felt like Thanksgiving and all our family called us. Second, I was nervous because it was the first time I had ever cooked a turkey, but it turned out great! Paul kept describing it as being moist...he said he hadn't had a turkey that moist before. Score one for me :) Haha! We also had mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, and a giant cookie cake with cream cheese frosting. While we ate, we went through the entire alphabet and named something we were thankful for that started with each letter (I had A, Paul had B, and so on). After we were all fat and happy, we took a quick nap, and then woke up and watched Home Alone to kick off the Christmas season. That movie is such a classic...it'll never get old to me. The movie really got me in the mood for Christmas, so Paul and I pulled out the few Christmas decorations we have and placed them around the apartment. Now I can't wait for Christmas!!! Anyway, there's a quick description of our day. Enjoy the few pictures we took.
Basting my first turkey the night before Thanksgiving...
.JPG)
Carving the turkey (I wasn't exactly sure how to do this, but it worked)...
.JPG)
Our Thanksgiving meal...
.JPG)
No comments:
Post a Comment