Friday, September 21, 2012

Returned Missionaries

These next few posts have been a long time coming. I was waiting to get some pictures from someone and finally got them. Yeah! (Tiff, notice I didn't say your name, so I didn't call you out on it. Hee hee :)

My parents were serving in the Family and Church History Headquarters mission in Salt Lake City, UT for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (Whew! That was a mouthful!) After two years of dedicated service, they finally returned home. They had to drive through Atlanta to get back home to Myrtle Beach, so they stopped here and stayed with us for a night. The next morning, the kids and I drove the rest of the way with them to South Carolina to visit for 12 days.

We threw a small party for them on July 7 for people to come by and welcome them home. I say it was small, but there were a lot of people there. We only invited family and a very small handful of their closest friends....we just have a lot of family in the area.

Olivia was a food thief. At least she was stealing the vegetables.

Victor (BIL) chugging the leftover strawberry-lemonade. That's my fist pump encouraging him.

Welcome home!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Awesome cake!! Love the fireworks picture.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I wish I'd known about this! Love the picture of the little food thief. She looks so angelic.