Friday, September 21, 2012

Idependence Day

The kids and I were in Myrtle Beach for the Fourth, so we weren't able to spend holiday fun with Paul, but we still all managed to have fun.

Paul got together with a few people and played ultimate frisbee. He had never played before, but enjoyed it. Unfortunately, there are no pictures to document this event.

To celebrate the Fourth of July, we had a cookout at my grandma's house with some family and we had lots of fun.

We enjoyed some water fun (Olivia also enjoyed the mud),


 we relaxed in the hammock,

we basked in the sunlight,

we jumped on the trampoline,

we had some Karaoke entertainment from two of Grandma's siblings,

and we enjoyed yummy food and good company.

I don't have a picture of it, but one of my little cousins sang the National Anthem for us and did a great job.

That evening, my parents, the kids, and I went over to my sister's house to shoot fireworks. Olivia was too exhausted to be impressed. Every once in a while, she would look up when she heard a "boom" and say, "Oooo!" She then would turn her head back into my shoulder.
Thank you to all the men and women who have helped and are now helping to protect our freedoms. Happy birthday, America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, especially the black and white ones. You know, Frances has had such a great impact on my life, and seeing her in this picture reminds me of a day many years ago when she told me about a program she was planning for her family on July 4th. Until that moment, I had never seriously considered doing such a thing, but afterwards, I started incorporating a few more patriotic comments/events into the day.