Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Birthday Parties

Olivia is 2 years old! I can't believe how big she is getting. Paul and I are in awe of her and love watching her grow and learn.

We had 3 parties to celebrate her birthday. They weren't big and fancy, just small fun.

The first party occurred the Thursday before her birthday (May 24). Olivia and I hosted play group to celebrate.

We colored,

played with punch balloons,

and just made a mess, in general.

We went out of town to Columbia, SC for Memorial Day weekend and stayed with my brother. While we were there, we had our second party. Paul's mom, stepdad, and grandmother were all able to come. (I'll write more about our weekend trip later.)

Olivia opened presents (with a little bit of Nathan's help)

We ate cupcakes

And we had fun

Thanks to Matt and Heather for letting us use their home for the party!

Olivia's third party was just our little family and it was at home on her birthday, Tuesday, May 29. Paul wasn't going to be able to be there because he works until 8pm on Tuesdays, but he was sick and came home early. (Both he and Ethan got a really bad cold that Olivia had last week. I didn't get it because I have mommy superpowers!) I was a little happy he came home sick so he could enjoy Olivia opening a couple of gifts.

Since we did cupcakes already, I just gave her a cookie this time. She blew the candles out as soon as they were in front of her. She didn't even wait for us to finish singing. (Yes, she's skinny enough to still fit in the bumbo.)

She actually got this water table from Paul's mom on Sunday, but we didn't open it until now. She had a ball playing with it and there wasn't even any water in it yet. Since she loves it so much without the water, I know she'll have a blast with it once we put some in.

Patiently waiting for Daddy to get the goods out of the package from Aunt Tiffy and Uncle Vic.

Squealing with delight as she crawls through the tunnel from Mommy and Daddy.

She also enjoyed the big box the water table came in.

She opened cards from my parents, Paul's dad, and Paul's grandmother the night before her birthday. My mom always makes everyone's birthday cards on the computer and she made sure to put Curious George on Olivia's card because she knows how much Olivia loves him. Olivia kept holding the card up to Paul and me exclaiming, "George!" over and over again. She also loved the card from Frankie. It played the birthday song and the candles on the cake lit up when you opened it. This was her face every single time she opened the card:

We had lots of fun celebrating Olivia's 2nd birthday. It's hard to imagine that this little baby...

...has turned into this big girl:

Where does the time go? We love and cherish every moment we have with our Olivia Jayne!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this blog post too! The pictures are awesome, especially when she's looking at her birthday card from Frankie. She's a very fortunate little princess to have "parents kind and dear."