Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We had a blast for Thanksgiving. Paul's mom was so generous and rented a villa in Asheville, NC so we could have Thanksgiving together in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. We all met there on Wednesday (except Elizabeth who came early the next morning). The Maseda clan and our little 3-person family went to eat at a restaurant called The Fiddlin' Pig. It had a nice, laid-back atmosphere with live blue grass music. We enjoyed each other's company, good food, and some of our group enjoyed some dancing.
Rich dancing with her daughters, Brooke & Emma

I loved the shirts!

Jayne gave each of her grandchildren some pajamas. Here are all the munchkins in their pajamas on the morning of Thanksgiving:
Thanksgiving Day was filled with good food and good company. We enjoyed watching a train go by...
... and snapped a few good pictures.

3 of the 4 Maseda kids: Braden, Brooke, and Emma

Our family portrait taken by Carrie That evening Paul, Olivia, and I drove downtown with Jayne and Otis. It was getting dark and the wind had picked up quite a bit and was FREEZING so we didn't stay too long. We did snap a few pictures though. Veterans' Memorial

On Friday, we all went to Chimney Rock.

Nieces and nephews cuddling with their Aunt Elizabeth before we leave for Chimney Rock

However, not all of us went up to Chimney Rock (we had a few chickens in a group...Paul... *cough* and Carrie...*cough*. Paul, Carrie, and Otis (who had already been up to Chimney Rock before) walked around the shops with Braden and Emma while Jayne, Rich, Elizabeth, Brooke, Colton, Olivia, and I drove up the windy mountain road to Chimney Rock. The view was so beautiful up there! I can only imagine what it would've looked like if the autumn leaves were still on the trees. Olivia loved the cold wind blowing on her face. She smiled and giggled almost the entire time. She got so excited that she decided to pee on me....yes, there was a leaky diaper. Luckily the bathroom had the hand dryers and not paper towels, so after changing Olivia's diaper, I dried her off under the hand dryer, which she thought was hilarious.

Made it up the mountain road and about to head up to Chimney Rock

We made it to the top of Chimney Rock!

Seconds before Olivia "warmed my leg up." Ha ha!

We came back down the mountain and we all took pictures by a beautiful babbling brook. After our Chimney Rock adventures, Paul, Olivia, and I said our goodbyes and drove back to Atlanta. It was fun seeing family and experiencing new things.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I loved reliving this holiday through your pictures and blog. I often think about how you confidently drove Elizabeth's car up the mountain around and around and around. That was a fun day!