Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Baby Shower and Memorial Day Fun

Paul and I went home to Myrtle Beach over Memorial Day weekend. We left Atlanta after I got off work the Friday before (which was at about 6:15pm) and drove into my parents' driveway a little after midnight. We didn't walk into a dark, sleeping house like I thought we would. Mom, Dad, Matt, and Heather were up waiting for us! We stayed up with them a little longer before we finally hit the sack.

Saturday was the whole purpose in going to Myrtle Beach that weekend. It was a baby shower for Heather!!!! Well, technically, it was for little Nathan who will be joining us this month (if he comes on time). Mom, Tiffany, and I threw the shower. Since I was all the way in Atlanta, I was put in charge of the games and Mom and Tiffany did the rest together. The games were a success, especially my tricky, deceitful game that will not be explained just in case I have the chance to use it for another baby shower! I will say that everyone's face and the stunned silence was priceless! The mission bank for Nathan was also a success. We asked everyone to bring spare change to put into Nathan's mission bank and it added up to be a good start for Matt and Heather. I was able to find the perfect little missionary bank:
Heather opened tons of presents and they got tons of cute outfits and other things that I'm sure will be very helpful. Here are just a few pictures from the shower:

Heather with the goodies

Heather with the baby Atlanta Braves blanket Paul and I got for Nathan

Ginnie helping Aunt Heather with the gifts

Heather with her baby links necklace and duck corsage

On Memorial Day, Paul and I got up in the morning and met his cousin, Greg, and Greg's wife, Anna, at Bob Evans for breakfast. We had a great time chatting with each other. Later that afternoon, we had a cookout at my parents' with a bunch of the Stalvey family. Here are some pictures from that day:

Some of the gang chowing down

Uncle Eric and Ginnie playing in the pool

Uncle Eric with all the kids in the pool

Grandma, Uncle Eric, Aunt Melissa & Matt playing Rook (the traditonal game that's played when Stalveys congregate)

Andrea, Tiffany, Me

Jared and Ginnie eating chocolate cake....YUM!

My nieces: Alexis, Courtney, and Ginnie


This is Uncle Perry after eating...

...and here's Paul on the couch next to him, haha!

Aside from the baby shower and Memorial Day, Paul got to see his friend, Potter, eat lunch with his dad and sister, Elizabeth, and went shopping with Elizabeth and his mom. Paul did all that while I got ready for and had the baby shower on Saturday. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see Frankie, Elizabeth, or Jayne. It was a great weekend. And it felt so great to be home. I miss Myrtle Beach and everyone there so much! Hopefully, it won't be too long before we get to go back again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't pictures great? I love them for lots of reasons, but one is that they sort of let you live things twice. Everytime I look at a picture, it conjures up a memory. I especially like these pictures because of the special events you captured.

About missing the beach, amen to that! I keep saying "one of these days," but for now it seems that my life is in the midlands of SC. I keep reminding myself of the quote, "Bloom where you're planted." Most of the time it works.