Anyway...I wasn't able to see my mother today on Mother's Day, but I did get to see her this weekend! My mom, Tiffany, Heather, and I attended a conference called Time Out for Women. It's sponsored by Desert Books...you get to hear music, listen to inspirational message, laugh, enjoy each other's company, and just leave everything else in your life behind for a little bit. Paul and I drove to Columbia together on Friday where we met up with Mom, Tiff, and Heather. We left Paul and Matt behind at Matt's house (they decided to have a Time Out for Boys playing video games and going to see Wolverine). Even though it was Time Out for Women, we did have one little guy with us...
LIAM!!!!
I was so happy to see him because I hadn't seen him since Christmas and he was only a month old then. Now he's 6 months and he's so huge! He is so adorable and is such a smiley baby. Anyway, we girls had a great time and I really enjoyed listening to the presentations on Friday night and Saturday. My mom was so happy that weekend because she was able to spend time with most of her girls. She was only missing one...Rebecca. Unfortunately, Rebecca wasn't able to come up from Florida, but we did think of her and miss her.
Now a shout out to my wonderful mother: She is the best mom in the whole, wide world. I'm pretty sure everyone says that about their own mom...and they should...everyone should feel like they have the best mom ever. But I really do have the best mom ever!I also have two wonderful grandmothers: my Grandma Stalvey and my Grandma Dutridge. They
are wonderful examples to their family and I appreciate all they have done to raise my wonderful parents. Thank you Grandmas! I love you both so very much! (Oops, I don't have a pic of me and my Grandma D. on the computer to post.)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, this is the sweetest post I've read all day. What a tribute to the mothers in your life. I love the picture of you and your mother when you were an infant...it's so precious to look back at that time when you were a "babe in arms," so to speak.
And yes, I do love all of my children, including you, with a fierce love. Just when I think my heart can't hold another person, I'm proven wrong. Right now Colton is winning me over BIG TIME with his sweet little smile. Who can tell what sweet spirits are yet to join our family and enlarge my heart??
Time Out for Women was AWESOME! and even more awesome was being with my girls. Yes, we did miss Rebecca LOTS!!! Thanks for the beautiful tribute. I enjoyed seeing the pictures. Love ya, Panda!
Post a Comment