So...we got to see Geoff and MinDee! There were in Athens, GA for UGA baseball games a couple of weekends ago. I have been wanting to get my hair cut so badly for months now, but have been scared to have someone new do my hair. Well, it worked out that MinDee was going to be so close to me so that she could do my hair. After I got off work the Saturday they were in GA, Paul and I drove an hour to Athens to visit. MinDee chopped 4 inches off my hair! It feels so good now! It was getting way too long and heavy, but now it's just right! After MinDee did my hair, the four of us walked through Athens to get to the Mellow Mushroom. We waited forever to be seated, and then waited almost just as long to get our food! It was crazy! But the pizza was good and we enjoyed hanging out and talking with each other. I love seeing friends from home. I miss everyone in Myrtle Beach soooo much! I can't wait to got back for a visit in May! I was so mad on the way to Athens because I realized I forgot the camera, but Paul reminded me that MinDee would definitely have one....haha! So we were able to get a few pictures that we bummed off of MinDee.
MinDee and I with a GA bulldog statue
Paul and I in Athens, GA
Paul, me, MinDee, and Geoff in MinDee and Geoff's hotel room
Okay, so now for this past weekend (the 28th and 29th). As I menioned about 3 or 4 blogs back, Paul's sister, Carrie, had Colton Edward Maseda. So this weekend trip was all about Colton and his blessing at church. Paul and I drove to Rincon, GA (just outside of Savannah) on Saturday and it was not a very pleasant experience at first. It poured...wait, that's not a strong enough word...it DUMPED rain on us for probably the first 2 hours. It was very scary. Paul had to drive very slow and we could feel the car slide a little bit on the road every now and then. I was on the verge of telling Paul to pull over until is passed, but then it finally cleared up and we were able to safely make it to the Maseda household. We had a great weekend with the family. Paul's mom (Jayne), stepdad (Otis), sister (Elizabeth), and grandmother were all able to come as well. We shopped, went out to eat, talked, and enjoyed each other's company. And of course Sunday was a special day because Colton was blessed at church. Paul was able to stand in the circle while Rich (Carrie's husband) gave the blessing. I am so happy the Paul is a priesthood holder and is able to worthily participate in these types of ordinances and blessings. It is such a blessing to have him in my life and I love him very much! Okay, enough about Paul. This weekend was about Colton and the rest of the Maseda clan. Here are some pictures from the weekend.
Uncle Paul holding baby Colton
Emma with her cool shades on
Uncle Paul w/ Colton again....he likes to sleep with his head at a 90 degree angle. It looks so uncomfortable, but he sure does like it
Everyone (minus Otis) at the church for Colton's blessing...Don't you love Paul's face?! He's trying to make Emma smile for the camera
Braden and Brooke doing my hair after church....I was a little concerned about what was going to happen to it, but they did fine...no knots or tangles...whew!

Maseda family portrait...it was tough getting the little ones ready
Aunt Elizabeth with 3 of the Maseda kids
1 comment:
I always enjoy reading your blog! It's like a chronicle of your lives together, and it has an upbeat, positive tone to it that's uplifting to everyone who reads it. By the way, you and Mindy look more like sisters everytime I see the two of you together.
Post a Comment