It's been a week since Easter....and I'm finally blogging about it. On Saturday, Paul and I drove to Camden to stay with Jayne and Otis (Elizabeth was also there). When we arrived, I was able to meet two of Otis's granddaughters and they were just adorable! After they left, Paul, Jayne, Otis, Elizabeth, and I went out to eat at Chili's. We had a good time on Saturday just hanging around and talking. On Sunday morning, we went to church, then we made the short trek to Sumter, which is where Jayne's sister, Ann, lives. We hung out and talked, watched the kids play outside, watched some old home videos, rode Allen's (Ann's husband) Polaris, ate amazing food, and celebrated the resurrection of our Savior. It was a wonderful Easter and I'm glad I was able to spend it with some of my new family and get to know them better.
Greg & Anna taking the kids for a ride, but Rachel decided she didn't want anything to do with it

So Emma readily hopped on to take Rachel's spot

Me with my sisters-in-law, Carrie & Elizabeth (Paul is in the background putting the table together for the little ones to eat at)

The boys going for a ride

Allen and Ann with all their family (except Chad and Rachel)

Anna, Greg, Paul, Me

Fortunately, I didn't have to work the day after Easter, so Paul and I were able to go back to his mom's house that night. We awoke the next morning to the smell of bacon...Jayne made us breakfast before we hit the road! I enjoyed the weekend and look forward to the next family event!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good Easter! Is the next family event mine and Matt's visit?? CAN'T WAIT!!
Enjoyed reading this...as usual! I especially loved looking at the pictures. It's funny to me that there were so many different things going on that I couldn't keep up with who was doing what...or where they were. I'm glad you enjoyed that nutritious bacon and chocolate breakfast. We're still eating chocolate eggs.
I just wish it could have lasted longer!
Post a Comment