Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow-lanta

IT'S SNOWING!!!!! It's not Hot-lanta right now, but Snow-lanta. We heard a few days ago that it was supposed to snow this weekend, but neither of us believed it. However, when we walked outside after church today, the snow was coming down hard and sticking to everything! The flakes were huge and fluffy. Paul and I had opposite reactions when we saw it. I groaned and he perked up. He said it felt like Christmas. Haha! As soon as Paul and I got home, we dressed in warm clothes to go out and play. This is us getting ready to head outside....




I'm not a huge fan of the snow





















Paul was ecstatic




















Even though I don't love the snow, I still had fun walking around our neighborhood in it with Paul. It makes the world look magical and beautiful. And it makes us all excited and act like little kids. Now if it would just suddenly go away instead of melting into nasty slosh and if it wouldn't make the roads scary, then maybe I would like it just a little more.
















We ate some snow...





















We threw some snow...





















We looked pretty in the snow...

































And my eye got pelted with the big, fat snowflakes that were falling from the sky (this picture just doesn't do it justice)...
















As I blog right now, the snow is still coming down. If the ground gets covered even more, we'll be sure to go out and take more pictures.
I also want to give a quick birthday shout-out to my daddy. It's his birthday today! I love my dad so much. He has done so much for me and has taught me many things. I can't wait to see him and my mom in just a couple of days!

5 comments:

Teri S said...

Dad is sorry he was busy and could not answer the phone when you did your "shout out" in the Cash Cab!!! Ha! Ha! He thanks you for the Happy Birthday wish.

Teri S said...

Snow looks beautiful! It's a bittersweet thing: pretty, pretty cold, and pretty nasty! Fun pictures...looked like lots of fun even though I know Amanda was freezing! Did you have some great hot chocolate after that? Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days! Make sure all the snow is gone, okay?

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures! It looks like you guys are in the middle of a winter wonderland. We're still checking the weather and waiting to see what happens here in the SC midlands...sure would be nice to have a snow day.

Carrie Maseda said...

I am sooooooooo jealous!!!!! I wish it would snow here!

Teah said...

I love the pictures. (I miss the snow!)but I am enjoying the 80 degree weather that AZ has given us for the past week and half!! You two look so cute in your snow clothes.