Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day Weekend

Well, I'll start off with Friday the 13th. Paul and I received a phone call that evening that Carrie (Paul's sister) had her baby! Colton Edward Maseda was born at 6:03 pm weighing in at 9lbs, 9oz. We were so happy to get the call and to hear that everyone was doing fine! Then, Paul and I decided to go to a dollar theater in Marietta to see Twilight. Well, we got lost on our way there...Paul...I mean...er...WE thought we knew where he...oops...WE were going. We called our good friends Mike and Cidne because we knew they would be able to steer us in the right direction and they did! Fortunately, we left for the movie early so we made it with plenty of time to spare. Neither of us had seen the movie yet and only Paul and read the book...I listened to most of the book on an MP3, but that's it. And can I just say how cheesy the movie was?!?! No offense to all you Twilight lovers out there. But the acting was way overly dramatic and cheesy. If you want an example, please pay close attention to Edward when Bella walks into biology class for the first time. I will say that I really enjoyed the movie once both sets of vampires met each other, but that was over halfway through the movie! Anyway, I'm still glad we went out on a date where we didn't have to spend much money. We even popped our own popcorn at home and put it in my purse!
On to Valentine's Day...Neither of us are really all that into Valentine's Day, so we decided to save our money and not get each other gifts (we'll be celebrating our ONE YEAR anniversary in a month anyway). So what did we decide to do, you ask? We went camping...in our living room! Haha! Back when we were engaged we talked about making a tent with a blanket and chairs when we were kids and we always said we would build a tent and campout in the living room after we got married. Up until now, we hadn't gone through with our plan. So on V-day, we camped in the living room. We decided to have hot dogs for dinner since that's what you would eat on a camping trip. After we ate, we started on the tent. And let me just say, it took us almost an hour (maybe it was an hour) to figure it out because......
The middle kept caving in....














and we couldn't figure out how to keep it up....














but we kept working together and we finally did it!!!!!














It's not as pretty as I was hoping it would be, but it worked and it was fun!














While we were trying to figure it out, I asked Paul, "Did we get dumber as we got older? Because I don't remember it being this difficult when I was little." Paul responded, "No, we just got bigger." I guess when we were small, the slight caving in didn't have an effect on us. After settling down inside the tent, we pulled out my nifty indoor s'more maker that my wonderful sister and her family gave to me one year and made s'mores! They were yummy! Needless to say, we had a blast. Who needs gifts to show you love each other when you can just have fun camping in the living room? And yes, we spent the whole night sleeping in our tent :)










5 comments:

DoubravaFam said...

How fun!! We used to have "sleepovers" after we first got married in our apartment in Vegas. We would move the coffee table and lay a bunch of blankets and pillows out and watch a movie or two or three! We never slept out there though...I bet it was fun!

Teah said...

You two are way too cute!!! Sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's Day.

Rose and Daniel said...

What a great idea! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Daniel and I will have to try it some time.

Geoff and MinDee said...

That is awesome! I am so glad that Geoff and i are not the only married couple that made a tent/fort in the living room! WE did that too, it is on our blog back a ways! But it was totally fun. We dont have a s'more maker but we still had a blast. Side note: we had te same problem with the middle falling in! Love you guys!

Jayne said...

Great idea! I love the pictures and am glad that my two favorite newlyweds enjoyed their camping out experience so much. About the Twilight book and movie, I work with a couple of women who are absolutely crazy about the couple (Bella and Edward, right?), and they communicate with other equally adoring fans on a website.