Well, we survived our first week as a family of 4 thanks to my wonderful mother who took the time to stay with us during that week. She was amazing at taking care of Olivia's needs, preparing food, washing dishes, doing laundry, and even cleaning the bathrooms. Special thanks to her for helping me realize I can handle being home with two kiddos by myself!
My biggest fear was Olivia. I didn't know how she would be having a new baby in our home who was going to demand lots of Mommy's attention. That fear quickly subsided and both my children are to thank for that.
Ethan is such a chill baby. He is not demanding at all. He doesn't really cry unless you're changing his diaper. He only cares to eat every 4 hours and has slept 5 1/2 hours during the night before waking to eat (I actually had to wake him to feed him). This has probably helped lots for Olivia since I don't have to be messing with him all the time and can actually give her plenty of attention still.
Olivia isn't bothered by Ethan at all. In fact, she LOVES him. She loves to look at him and say, "Shh, shh, shh!" when he cries. She gently rubs his head, kisses him, and wants to hold him a lot. One time Ethan was sitting in his swing and started to cry just a little. Olivia immediately went over to him and was able to quiet him and put him to sleep all by herself. She's such a great big sister!
My biggest fear was Olivia. I didn't know how she would be having a new baby in our home who was going to demand lots of Mommy's attention. That fear quickly subsided and both my children are to thank for that.
Ethan is such a chill baby. He is not demanding at all. He doesn't really cry unless you're changing his diaper. He only cares to eat every 4 hours and has slept 5 1/2 hours during the night before waking to eat (I actually had to wake him to feed him). This has probably helped lots for Olivia since I don't have to be messing with him all the time and can actually give her plenty of attention still.
Olivia isn't bothered by Ethan at all. In fact, she LOVES him. She loves to look at him and say, "Shh, shh, shh!" when he cries. She gently rubs his head, kisses him, and wants to hold him a lot. One time Ethan was sitting in his swing and started to cry just a little. Olivia immediately went over to him and was able to quiet him and put him to sleep all by herself. She's such a great big sister!
My wonderful Mommy with Olivia and Ethan
My cute children
I was trying to catch Olivia lovingly looking at and touching Ethan, but she just can't help but cheese at the camera these days.
Mom with the Crolley grandchildren
Our new little family
Mommy and me (I sure do love and appreciate her!)
4 comments:
I am dying over those pics of Olivia and Ethan. SO. CUTE. I can't stand it.
a beautiful fam of 4! And yes, Sofia and Olivia can speak Spanish to each other!! Plus, their names are the cutest ever...so they are born to be besties
I've looked at these pictures so many times!! I love all of them. If I had to pick a fav, it'd probably be the one of Olivia kissing him Ethan...or no, maybe it's the one when she's got her head next to his. Thanks for sharing!
Love that Fam of 4!!!
Your Mommy loves and appreciates you too!
Post a Comment