I love having a Christmas tree. If I could have only one Christmas decoration (aside from a nativity scene since I feel that's the most important decoration to remind us of what Christmas is all about), I would choose a Christmas tree. It just doesn't feel like Christmastime until the tree goes up. I think Olivia would have to agree...
As I was fluffing the branches of the tree, stepping back to see what holes needed to be filled, then working on fluffing again, I noticed Olivia was copying me. It was so cute to see her "fluff" the tree branches then step back to analyze the situation. After the fluffing was done, Olivia was standing beside the tree chatting away to me. When I plugged the lights in, she immediately fell silent and stared in awe at the tree. I asked, "Is the tree pretty?" Olivia responded with big eyes saying, "Yeah!" while walking up to the tree and hugging it. She stood there hugging the tree for
a solid 10 seconds. It was so adorable. She continues to get excited and happy each day I turn the lights on.
We decided not to put ornaments on the tree this year so that we wouldn't have to worry if Olivia would pull any off and/or break them. It's a little sad to not have ornaments, but it's a lot less stressful.
Standing in awe of the Christmas tree
Posing in front of the tree
And here are some pictures we took the day before Thanksgiving. Paul swept the porch and Olivia decided she wanted to sweep too. I told you she always wants to clean!
1 comment:
As always, I loved reading this & looking at the pictures. I can picture the sweet little "helper" hugging the tree.
Post a Comment