Here I am again posting things LATE! At least I eventually get it all posted.
Paul and I aren't very big Valentine's Day people...seriously, just give me a card and some chocolate and things are great...but we actually did a fun Valentine's event with some of our friends that ended up being a lot of fun. The wives did all the planning for it and pretty much left the guys in the dark about what was happening until it actually happened. We created a scanvenger hunt for them. They had to take picutres of themselves doing random things around Sandy Springs like recreate the Beatles' Abbey Road Album cover, in an elevator, doing a handstand, etc. They each also had to wear a sign that each of their lovely wives created for them that said: "I love my wife." Unfortunately, I'm waiting to get the pictures of Paul's team on their hunt emailed to me, so I don't have any of those to post.
While our men were out hunting, we set up a nice dinner for them to come back to. While we were eating, we had a slide show going up on the wall of all the different couples. And I must say, I think we did a great job making things look nice. None of us really had a big enough place to accomodate all of us, so we got permission to use the church. We were going to have to share it with the single adults who had a V-day dance planned, but that was cancelled due to the snow, so we ended up having the building all to ourselves. Yeah! Below are some pictures from the evening.
The first cookie cake I was making for dessert crumbled to pieces

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy about it. But don't fret, I did end up making a yummy one.
Paul and his team looking at their clues before taking off
The girls setting up

Our place settings (we each had a name card, a bottle of sparkling grape jucie, a glass with sugar crystals, and sugar cookies)
Paul with his team (Robert, Nathan, Daniel and Chirs) - and yes, they won!
The other team (AJ, Jared M., Seth, Mike, Jared G., and Paul G.)
The other team in a bathroom stall and jumping in the air (some of the fun things they had to do)
Paul and I with the sign I made him

At home after our fun night

The fun-filled night mentioned above took place on Saturday, February 13th. On Valentine's Day, I made dinner, we read the cards we got each other, ate the candy we got each other, and just enjoyed each other's company. Here's a picture of us eating our Valentine's Day dinner. And yes, I'm wearing sweat pants...I'm pregnant....give me a break!!!
3 comments:
That looks like it was so fun; what a great idea!
by the way, you are such a cute little pregnant lady!
What a cute idea! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. ps I want to see more pregnant pictures, lady!
I so enjoyed reading this and looking at the pictures! You and your friends are quite creative. Sounds like a fun evening.
Post a Comment