Friday, December 5, 2008

Wedding Shower & Christmas Trees

We went to Camden, SC this past weekend (Nov 29-30) for Greg and Anna's wedding shower. Greg is one of Paul's cousins. It's a tradition in Paul's family that when one of the cousins gets married, the aunts throw a shower for the family. Everything turned out really well and we had a good time visiting with family. To the left you'll see Greg, Anna, me, and Paul.

Paul and I put up our first Christmas tree this week! We were supposed to do it for FHE on Monday, but I ended up getting sick, so we waited until Wednesday to do it. We had Christmas music playing while we decorated. It didn't take us very long to put the ornaments on because we don't have very many. I'm sure we'll begin to collect plenty of them over the years, though. Our first tree is just a cheapo little tree, but it'll get us through our first few Christmases together. It's a pre-lit tree, which made me really excited. What I didn't realize until we were putting it together was that it had colored lights on it (I'm not a huge fan of colored lights on a tree, I like white lights). Surprisingly, I'm actually okay with it because Paul pointed out that it kind of livens up the tree since we don't have that many ornaments...and it's true. Grandma Stalvey made the tree skirt....she made one for all her grandchildren for Christmas a while back. I finally get to use it in my own home :)

Our First Christmas Tree


















Paul made a stupid face without me knowing...














I got him back...














Our nice pose

3 comments:

kandra said...

aaaw so cute! Our first tree was a 3 foot one with popcorn garland on it :)

Carrie Maseda said...

Super cute pictures of the two of you!

Anonymous said...

Again, great pictures! The tree looks lovely, and I think it's so nice that you have a tree skirt made by your grandmother.