I guess you can say the Glenridge Ward had its last big blowout on Saturday, July 2nd. I say 'last' because today our ward was split because we were getting so big. The Glenridge Ward has now become the Sandy Springs and Dunwoody Wards.
Back to the party...We had a Pig Roast/Luau and it was amazing! We had a freshly roasted pig (4 pigs to be exact), potato salad, cole slaw, rice, corn, watermelon, pineapple, mango, papaya, cookies, etc. Everything was so nice. Take the fruit display for example:
So awesome! We had an auction (silent and live) to help raise money for the Boy Scouts to go to camp. There was lots of socializing and some great entertainment...

The kids were sooooo adorable!
I was part of a group of gals performing a hula dance


The guys were so fun to watch (They did the Hakka, a slap dance, and a fire dance.)

And a few people from the audience were grabbed to be part of the entertainment as well (FYI: Our Stake President is in the center of the men and our Bishop is on the far right.) 

I should've tried to snag a picture of Olivia earlier in the day because trying to get one after her normal bedtime wasn't a good idea. This was the best I could get; no smile, but still cute:
Sandy visited for the weekend, so she was able to partake of the awesomeness of the luau!

Family Picture
Posing with two good friends: Erin and Tressa
It was a VERY hot and sweaty day, but it was definitely worth enduring the weather!
3 comments:
Fun Fun Fun!
Mormons can have a crazy fun time!
Our ward got split yesterday, too! Haha!
It looks like that luau was so fun!
I loved looking at these pictures and short videos. Anyone who can master the hula and perform it so gracefully in front of so many people is phenomenal! I also loved the family picture of three of my fav people.
Post a Comment