Tuesday, March 1, 2011

9 Months Old

As of today (I guess today since there is no February 29th this year), Olivia is 9-months-old! She had her doctor appointment yesterday. Here are here stats:

Height: 28 inches (66%)
Weight: 17 pounds, 7 ounces (26%)
Head: 43 (23%)

Her weight has dropped a lot, but the doctor said it's normal for that to happen once babies start to become more active.

Liv was poked 3 times and didn't cry at all! She was first poked in her arm for the TB skin test. Then she was poked in her big toe so the nurse could draw some blood to check Olivia's iron. And lastly she was given a vaccine in her leg. She sat in my lap and gave the nurse funny looks for the first 2 pokes, and she let out a complaint when she got her shot, but that was it. She's a trooper!

She has added a couple of new tricks to her list of things she can do. She can stand on her own! She pulls up on something and lets go. She'll also stand when someone stands her up for her. I took 3 videos of her standing and none of them capture how long she can truly stand on her own, but you get the idea. Paul's mom witnessed Olivia standing for about a minute when we were Skyping with her on Sunday. (And yes, I'm wearing the same outfit for two of those videos. The first one was a Sunday, so it didn't get dirty...so I wore it again the next day. I know I'm not the only one who's done that.)


This new trick of hers doesn't come without consequences....on my part. I was sitting on the floor with my legs out. Olivia crawled over to me and pushed up to standing from my legs, lost her balance, tripped on my legs, and began to plunge face-first into the ground. As she was falling, I quickly leaned to the side while lifting my legs to keep her from hitting the floor. I leaned into one of her toys (apparently super hard) because it left this little beauty on my arm:

This happened late on a Saturday afternoon and the picture was taken on Tuesday morning. And it HURTS! It's such a stupid story for such a big bruise.

Anyone: "Oh, my! How did you get that awful bruise?"
Me: "I leaned into my daughter's toy."

It's not like I bashed my arm on anything...I literally only leaned on it. I started telling people that I sacrificed my body for hers so it sounded better. Ha ha! Anyway....

Olivia is also beginning to figure out how to climb. I keep catching her trying to lift her knees and legs up on stuff. She has climbed on top of her baby potty twice now and has used the husband pillow to give her a boost to crawl up on the couch. I think we may be in trouble!

Olivia loves hanging out with her daddy...


...and relaxing in the tub. She puts her hands behind her head for every bath. It cracks us up.
And just for your amusement...a picture of her sleeping with her tongue out. Hilarious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I loved looking at these pictures and videos and reading the updates from the Crolley family! Olivia is such a precious baby, and I feel so happy knowing that she's loved and cherished by such wonderful parents.

Sorry about your arm...ouch!

Heather said...

What a good mom, keeping your baby from getting hurt like that! That's a pretty nasty bruise though. And I love, love that picture of her in the tub. It makes me miss you guys so much reading about her and seeing your videos and pictures. I'm very sad we won't be able to make it to visit you before the baby comes- Matt just HAD to go and get more responsibility at work! ;) I still want to look through those books you're getting rid of, so whenever you make it this way be sure to bring them! Okay, long post over. :)

State of Grace said...

I LOVE that picture of Olivia in the tub! She is just the cutest thing, and I can tell she has some luscious lashes! haha