Sunday, April 18, 2010

2 years and Easter

Back on March 15th, Paul and I celebrated 2 wonderful years of being married. We kept it simple seeing as we're expecting a little one, so we got each other a small gift and went out to eat for dinner. We drove about 30-45 mintues to Kennesaw so we could eat at California Dreaming. I had been craving a Carolina Roadhouse salad and honey butter croissant for quite a long time. California Dreaming is owned by the same people and it serves the same salad and croissant. And let me tell you...the drive was totally worth it! We enjoyed our meal together as well as our conversation. We have had a lot of fun and good times throughout the 2 years we've been married. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.


Skipping forward to April...Like most members of our religion, we spent Easter Sunday watching General Conference. We sweated listening to our church leaders speak. No, it wasn't because we were feeling guilty...it was because our air conditioner was broken. AH! We were very excited to leave the house after the last session to get togheter with some friends for Easter dinner. It was much cooler at the Elwoods' home. Besides the air, we also enjoyed a delicious meal with friends. We had yummy salad, bread, lamb, roast, deviled eggs (made by yours truly), sweet potato casserole (also made by yours truly), and strawberry and blueberry pies. I'm probably forgetting a few other things, but you get the point. Everything was amazing and we truly enjoyed celebrating the atonement and resurrection of our Savior with friends. Here's a quick snap of us after stuffing our faces full of food:

Jack, Erin, Mark, Cidne & Mike holding Liam, Me, Paul

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Enjoyed reading this. I LOVE thinking about how we're all doing the same thing on Conference Sundays and hearing the same messages.